Bookmark and Share

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Quick Response

I had another run in tonight.

I was on my cell phone again when I was interuptted by someone who clearly had something more important to say than what they didn't know I was talking about. It's not really that I'm on my phone all the time, but when I am walking around downtown, alone, in the dark, I always figure it is a good deterrant to all the crazies to know that if they try anything, someone else will be able to hear them, likely someone who cares, and that that someone who cares will likely promptly respond. One could argue that I needn't be concerned about crazies attacking me if I wasn't constantly provoking them, but crazies are unpredictable whether I'm aggravating them or not!

The core problem, the esstential reason that I become so incensed is that people lack age old common sense.

He asks me, "Can I ask you a quick question?"

I turned to face the transient and acknowledged him, "Fine. What is it?"

He says one word, "Indian."

"Uh, yeah... and?"

"Cherokee Tribe Montana."

Slightly put off, I answer, "That's not a question."

He quickly asks, "Oh oh, well then can I ask you a quick question now?"

"Nooooooooo," I yelled annoyed! "You lost your chance!"

No comments: