Bookmark and Share

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Winners and Losers and Potato!

Someday, I would like to dedicate a blog to the winners of this fair city, but tonight I'm just saluting the one loser I ran into tonight. I hope someone reads this, knows the person I am talking about, accidentally doesn't see them in the middle of the street in the middle of the night because they are hanging their head low and wearing all black, and hits them with their car.

Around 8:30 PM I was looking for a parking spot on 17th and NW Glisan, right outside McMenamins. Out of my right window I spotted a man vehemently and intently tearing a poster off the pole. I wanted to see if he was going to clean up his mess or leave it on the ground, and if it did leave it, I wanted to tell him what a pathetic scumbag he was. As it turns out, I had an entirely different reason to believe that he's a scumbag.

So - on with the story! My husband realized that he was tearing down the poster about Potato! If you live in this city, I don't know how you could possibly not know about Potato - but Potato is a precious 1 year Bulldog that was stolen from his family! There is a current $5,000 reward for him!
http://www.myspace.com/bringpotatohome

We both got really excited thinking that maybe Potato was found! In fact, the guy saw us watching him and even picked up the pieces of the poster he tore down, so we were thinking that he may just be a straight up guy! As he passed by my window, I asked eagerly: "Did you find Potato?"

He replied sinisterly, "Yeah! Dead! I shot her in the head."

We were both stunned for a minute. He didn't skip a beat, he just spun around on his heels and continued on walking up Glisan. I can't even express how immensely horrific and disquieting his demeanor was.

Well, obviously something just didn't feel right - it goes without saying this scumbag likely has something to do with Potato missing. From McMenamins he walked up Glisan to 19th and turned left until he got to the NW Fred Meyer. He obviously lives in town because he was on foot and knows his direct way around town. Unfortunately I didn't see him come out of FM.

Late 40's
5'10"
Brown Hair
Medium Build
Straight nose with bulbous end
Square jaw with pockmarked cheeks
Small mouth, thin lips
He was wearing a dark blue jacket and cream slacks with a tan Beret

Please - let Potato's family know if you know this person or you see him! I live downtown too, so I can keep my eye out if you will please post comments here, and on Potato's page to keep everyone posted! Potato was also seen up the street on 21st and Irving. A picture was taken of a person seen with Potato - the person I saw is not the same person!

1 comment:

Heather said...

That is awful! what a JERK!!! I hope they find that poor dog!