Bookmark and Share

Sunday, April 13, 2008

I'm Begging You

To hear screaming is no rare occurrence outside my window, nor is it rare to hear screaming over the sound of my TV. It is also not rare to hear emphatic screaming, desperate screaming, or sobbing screaming.

Last night I heard distinctly, all of the above:

"I'M BEGGING YOU! I'M BEGGING YOU! NEVER, EVER, ENTER MY LIFE AGAIN."

After a break, she repeated her plea:

"I AM BEGGING YOU!!! (More emphasis this time:) NEVER, NEVER, ENTER MY LIFE AGAIN! PLEASE!"

"PLEASE!"

Distressingly I didn't hear a reply, yet I can't be positively sure there was a reply to be heard. But after the fourth or fifth cry I heard her clattering of footsteps chasing the pavement.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your neighborhood is weird. really weird. fun to ride through though! But yes, there are crazys there. Your neighborhood was the onlly spot that made me a lil sketchy on the redline all the way to the airport.